Search This Blog

Wednesday 3 April 2013

MARCH PROFILE MICHAEL JOHN BUCKLEY


                                     MONTHLY PROFILES

Michael John Buckley 


What club are you with & how long have you been with the club?

I am with clogheen club & been a member all my life


How long have you been involved in the sport?

All my adult life, I’m now 59


How did you get involved in drag hunting?

My father Christy Buckley introduced me to the sport & I guess you can say I’ve been hooked ever since.


What have been the best hounds you have trained?

Murdock hawk merlin vixen & maxi.


What is the best hound you have seen run & why?

For me the best hound I have seen run was Rocky’s son , he was able to win over any distance.


What is your favorite course & why?

Ballinagree is my favorite course there are great views of the hounds & great help from the local huntsman out there .


Which are your most memorable victories?

1st puppy all Ireland with (Murdock)
Garry O’Sullivan memorial with  (Merlin)
all Ireland heats in Kerry with (Hawk)

Who is your favorite drag hunting characters past & present & why ?

It has to be the late Garry O’Sullivan he was a great friend & neighbor always wanted a fair drag hunt to have the best hound win , with over 50 years of service  to our sport a remarkable man .


No comments:

Post a Comment