Search This Blog

Monday 25 January 2016

Trainer Profile Damien Wade Clogheen Harriers C.C.C.H.A

Damien Wade
Myself & my Father 

What club are you with & how long have you been with the club?

I’m currently the chairman of Clogheen Harriers .I have been with Clogheen Harriers all my life.

How long have you been involved in the sport?

Clogheen harriers Hunting hound Hamlet
picture courtesy of Annemarie Mulcahy 

I used to hunt with cork southern hunt which the gave up drag hunting a long time ago, My father and brother are still members of cork southern hunt club & my niece Courtney Buckley is following my footsteps, often helping me with the hounds and attending drag hunts and hound shows in Ireland, we need more young people to get involved in our wonderful sport.

How did you get involved in drag hunting?

I got involved with drag hunting through Joe (Josser) Frayne, As a young lad I would walk his hounds for him before I went to school. & As they say the rest is history.

What have been the best hounds you have trained?

My best hound that I had to date would be Tara’s Express. 

What is the best hound you have seen run & why?
Senior All Ireland Slip 


Over the years I have seen many a great hound run, here a few that have stuck in my mind, Murdock, Mason, Merlin, Rocky’s son, Tara’s Express, Not Now Norman & Magic’s Choice, they were all great hounds.

What is your favorite course & why?
Slievemish Weapon & Slievemish Express 

My favorite course is Rathduff  it’s a good viewing  course and Dawstown Blarney where the annual meet is for Donal O’Mahoney Memorial drag hunt, A great days sport out in blarney with the puppy show and the viewing points.


Which are your most memorable victories?

I have had many victories over the years, millennium senior international which Tara’s express , Won puppy international with Tomahawk ,Donal O’Mahony Senior with the buffer boy ,The puppy all Ireland with Slievemish Weapon ,Puppy Maiden Munster champion drag hunt with Slievemish dynamite (2015) I have had some great days sport on the drag hunting field & long may it continue.

Damien & family with the Buffer Boy
Donal O'Mahoney senior winner 


Who is your favorite drag hunting characters past & present & why?

 Clogheen members slipping hounds L to R
M J Buckley, G Freyne ,D Wade 


Billy Higgins and Michael Freyne, Two great men to tell stories sadly no longer with us,present would have to be Timmy Maloney you would hear him before you see him and of course Gary Freyne my buddy he would  make anyone smile.

Clogheen boys we are.


No comments:

Post a Comment