Search This Blog

Monday 25 January 2016

Trainer Profile Sean Smith I.N.D.H.A



Sean Smith I.N.D.H.A



What club are you with & how long have you been with the club?

My club is Drumgoon and I am affiliated to the Irish northern drag hunt association other wise known as the I.n.d.h.a.


  Members of the I.N.D.H.A.

How long have you been involved in the sport?

I started drag hunting and won my first trophy in 1982 with a bitch called violet. My family has always been involved in the sport I started going to drag hunts with my older brother Philip who was in the sport from the early seventies.

What have been the best hounds you have trained?

The best hounds I have trained would start with bob mesh that won back-to-back ulster championships in 2006 and 2007.

What is the best hound you have seen run & why?

Blue lightning would be the best I have ever seen she has done it all at every level to finish the way she did in the all Ireland in Kerry at six was unbelievable and she isn't finished yet.



What is your favourite course & why?

I don’t really have and favorite coarse but I really do enjoy travelling to compete in cork and Kerry.

Which are you most memorable victories?

Looking back my most memorable victories would be the 8 ulster titles and blue lightning in the all Ireland last year. Macs lad won ulster in 2008 and was 3rd in the all ireland in 2009 at that time I also had Dark falcon she to won ulster in 2009. Then I got the 3 greats of Mall raye, Swartzanager, Vandam and Seagal  . Seagal went on to win 3 ulster championships in a row. Then I trained Zeddicus and infinity who nearly went a season on beaten. I had kilmoy kyser to who had a great season last year winning the over all champion hound. And of coarse the machine her self blue lightning she won champion bitch won ulster championship and ran a cracker in the all Ireland in Kerry last year finishing a good third at 6 years old. With these dogs that I have trained I have 8 ulster championships and 3rd in all Ireland twice. 





Who is your favorite drag hunting characters past & present & why?

My favorite hunting character at present is Dominic Donigan he keeps us all laughing and her is never in bad form just enjoys his sport .And all the lads in our club are good characters they keep the sport going even when there beat the keep going they are the true sports man.  And lastly my favorite character from the past would be the late great Dan O’Connor from Kerry he was a great friend to me all my life and the sport lost one of its best when he  passed away R.I.P.



No comments:

Post a Comment